Policy / Policy Service

  • How do I change my correspondence address and contact number?
  • Please complete and submit the "Policy Services Request Form" together with a proof of address issued within the last three months for our processing.
  • How do I apply for a duplicate policy contract?
  • Please complete and submit the "Policy Services Request Form" for our processing. An administration fee of HK$100 is applicable.
  • How do I apply for policy reinstatement?
  • Please fill in the "Policy Services Request Form" with Part B completed and all arrears in premiums plus interest settled (click here for payment methods). Then submit it together with a proof of residential address issued within the last three months and a copy of your identity card for our processing.
  • Can I withdraw the bonuses or coupons of my policy? If so, is there a form to fill out and how long will it take?
  • The policyholder can withdraw the bonuses or coupons. Please complete and submit the "Policy Services Request Form" together with a copy of your identity card and a proof of residential address issued within last three months for our processing. It will take around five working days.

    The policyholder can also bring the required documents and visit one of our Insurance Solutions Centre for our “Quick Cheque Issuance Service”. Your request will be processed within one to two working days.
  • What is the procedure for “Quick Cheque Issuance Service”?
  • You can apply for cash coupons or bonuses withdrawal, or a loan from the policy by cheque at our Insurance Solutions Centre in Sheung Wan during office hours.

    Maximum withdrawal amount is HK$100,000 per day per policy.

    Your application via our other Insurance Solutions Centre will be processed within one to two working days.

  • What is the exchange rate of an individual insurance policy?
  • Please refer to the exchange rates here.
  • What are the features of a participating policy?
  • A participating policy has five main features in general (some features only applicable to designated in-force plans):
    • Guaranteed Death Benefit and other insurance payable benefits
    • Guaranteed Cash Value for loan or upon surrender
    • Guaranteed Cash Coupons at designated years
    • Non-guaranteed Dividend declared and distributed every year
    • Non-guaranteed bonus will be paid upon occurrence of certain events, such as death, surrender, maturity, or when the policy has been in-force for a predefined period of time
  • What is the dividend / bonus declaration philosophy of FWD?
  • Please refer to the details here.

Premium Payment

  • How do I pay premiums?
  • Please refer to the premium payment methods on our website.
  • Can I pay my premium if the due date has passed?
  • Yes, we provide a 30-day grace period from the premium due date.
  • Can I have a third party pay the premium on my behalf?
  • Yes, please complete and submit the "Special Arrangement of Premium Payment Application Form" to us for prior approval of any payment.
  • Can I use PPS for premium payment if the deadline is tomorrow?
  • Yes, as long as the premium is settled within the grace period.


  • Can I apply for a claim while I am overseas?
  • Yes, claim applications can be submitted by mail.

    Please call our Service Hotline at +852 3123 3123 or visit the Claims section on our website for further information.
  • How do I file a claim?
  • Please refer to the Claims section on our website.
  • What are the documents required for filing a hospitalisation claim?
  • Please refer to the hospitalisation claim process on our website.
  • Who has to sign the claim form?
  • Except for death claim, the claim form should be signed by the policyholder. If the policyholder is also the insured person and is unable to sign the claim form, a close relative can act as the claimant and complete the form on behalf of the policyholder, with the relationship clearly stated on the claim form. We may request proof of this relationship if necessary.
  • Can I ask for a different currency for payments?
  • Claim payments will be made in the policy currency. Upon the policyholder’s request, a US dollar policy can be paid in Hong Kong dollars. However, the exchange rate will be determined by us.
  • Can I ask for the claim cheque to be sent directly to me?
  • Yes. If requested, the claim cheque can be delivered directly to the policyholder. In general, however, the covering letter, settlement statement and claim cheque will be delivered through your advisor.
  • Can I select a higher hospital accommodation type than what is covered by my policy?
  • If the hospital accommodation is outside the benefit class covered by your policy, we may assess the amount of the expenses being claimed, or may make an adjustment to the claim settlement.
  • Do I have to pay for my medical report fee?
  • Yes. If your attending doctor charges you for the report, you will be responsible for the payment.

Online Services

  • How can I obtain insurance discounts via i.fwd.com.hk?
  • Register as an FWD Member online to enjoy discounts for online insurance purchase.
  • What should I do if I have forgotten my Login ID for eServices?
  • Please fill out your information here to get a new Login ID.

Let us learn about your needs

Service Hotline

3123 3123

Service Hotline 3123 3123 OR