Hong Kong, 30 May 2018 – FWD Hong Kong (‘FWD’) was honoured with 10 prestigious awards at the Bloomberg Businessweek Financial Institution Awards 2018 ceremony, including five Excellence Awards and five Outstanding Awards, the most in the insurance category this year.
In addition to 'InsurTech Company of the Year’ Excellence Award, FWD also clinched the Excellence and Outstanding Awards for its ambitious InsurTech initiatives, innovative products and services, and leading customer service.
Ken Lau, FWD Managing Director of Greater China and Hong Kong Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are delighted by the outstanding results of the Bloomberg Businessweek Financial Institution Awards 2018. These multiple honours go a long way towards recognising the competitiveness, innovative nature and overwhelmingly positive market response to FWD’s innovative products and services, attentive customer service, and trailblazing InsurTech initiatives. This significant achievement, which handsomely rewards our efforts across the company, would not have been achieved without our teams’ passionate and constant dedication to our customers, and exceptional drive to consistently surprise and surpass market expectations.”
FWD’s 10 awards include:
- FWD Drivamatics, the disruptive mobile app that rewards safe driving behaviour with competitive premiums, was once again widely praised for having challenged the status quo, claiming two Excellence Awards;
- CANsurance cancer protection plan, providing future-proof and tangible benefits at affordable premiums, also earned two Excellence Awards for its competitiveness and the quality of its related marketing campaign, while the associated CANsurance series won an Outstanding Award in the health & protection category;
- Digital commerce platform iFWD was recognised with an 'InsurTech Company of the Year’ Excellence Award for its unrivalled success (iFWD had a 55% market share in Hong Kong’s online direct life insurance market in 2017) in making customer experience of insurance products and services enjoyable, convenient and rewarding;
- Crisis XDefender Supreme, which has generated impressive sales since its launch in July 2017, together with Life Impact Reliever, was awarded an Outstanding Award in the critical illness category; PREMIER THE ONECierge, the market’s first pan-Asian, one-stop health management service for which FWD has partnered with numerous medical facilities across the region, also won an Outstanding Award;
- Experiential platform FWD MAX, a customer engagement initiative where community members get access to content, rewards and experiences that are relevant to their passions, was rewarded with an online platform Outstanding Award;
- FWD’s customer service was also acclaimed for its flexible and convenient multi-touch point approach, encompassing insurance solutions centres, 24-hour personalised Tele-claims Ambassadors, chatbots, 7-Eleven claims pay-outs, a one-stop eServices app and an online portal in addition to traditional channels.
Table: List of awards received by FWD at the Bloomberg Businessweek Financial Institution Awards 2018