- The following investment choices are available for the investment-linked assurance schemes ("ILAS") issued by FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited ("FWD"). Your investments are subject to the credit risks of FWD.
- The premiums paid by you towards the insurance policy will become part of the assets of FWD. You are not investing in the underlying investments of the investment choices and you do not have any rights or ownership over these underlying investments. Your recourse is against FWD only.
- Your return on investment is calculated by FWD with reference to the performance of the underlying investments.
- The return of ILAS is based on investment choices linked to ILAS which is calculated by FWD with reference to the performance of a corresponding SFC-authorized fund. Investors should note that the return on investments under ILAS shall be subject to charges of ILAS and may be lower than the return of the corresponding SFC-authorized fund.
- Early surrender or withdrawal of the policy/suspension of or reduction in premium may result in a significant loss of principal and/or bonuses awarded. Poor performance of underlying investments may further magnify investment losses of investors, while all charges are still deductible.
- The investment choices available under ILAS can have very different features and risk profiles. Some may be of high risk.
- You should not purchase this product unless you understand it and it has been explained to you how it is suitable for you. The final decision is yours.
- Please note the following relating to the charges of **i.KnowU and **i.KnowU (One-off Premium):
- The Cost of Insurance for the life insurance coverage may increase substantially during the policy term due to a combination of factors, such as, the insured’s age, investment performance (for Level Death Benefit Option) etc; and
- The higher the Cost of Insurance, the lesser the amount of premium is available for investment purposes; and
- The Cost of Insurance may increase substantially to a level exceeding your regular premium payment, for instance when your investment choices have been incurring significant losses. In such case, your Policy Value may not be enough to cover the policy charges (including the Cost of Insurance), your policy will be terminated early and you will not be able to enjoy any death benefit or other benefits from the policy, and you may suffer total loss of your investments.
- The return of some of the investment choices is calculated with reference to pools of assets internally managed on a discretionary basis by FWD.
- SFC authorization is not a recommendation or endorsement of a scheme nor does it guarantee the commercial merits of a scheme or its performance. It does not mean the scheme is suitable for all investors nor is it an endorsement of its suitability for any particular investors or class of investors.
- Investment involves risks. For details and charges of ILAS, please refer to the Principal Brochure
- This website is applicable to Altitude II, Horizon II, **Altitude, **Horizon, **i.Wealth Regular Investment Savings Plan (i.Wealth), **i.Master, **i.KnowU, **i.KnowU (One-off Premium), **Vintage, **i.BestFund Insurance Rider (i.BestFund) and **i.Joyful Investment Annuity Plan (i.JoyFul) only.
**ILAS that is not available for new subscription and cannot continue to be marketed to the public in Hong Kong.
Investment involves risks. Past performance should not be taken as an indication of future performance. You should not invest based on this material alone. You should read ILAS offering documents for details including the risk factors.