- Send a duplicate copy of the completed Form 2/2A/2B to us directly or through your insurance intermediary.
- For injuries involving only temporary incapacity for a period exceeding seven days, please inform the Labour Department (Occupational Medicine Unit) of the recovery of the injured employee and proceed with medical clearance after resuming duty.
- You are advised to take and keep the accident report and/or witness statement when an accident comes to your knowledge.
- The injured employee is advised to present an original sick leave certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner, a registered Chinese medicine practitioner or a registered dentist in order to certify the necessity of absence from duty. Sick leave certificates issued by practitioners other than the above categories cannot be used as evidence of a claim.
- Submit the originals of all sick leave certificates and receipts for medical expenses in relation to medical consultations and follow-up treatment to us as soon as possible, so we can follow up the updated status of the injured employee. You are advised to keep copies. No further documents will be accepted after the case is finalised.
- Submit to us the original Form 5 and/or Form 7, Form 6, form 9, Certificate of Assessment & Demand note (for prosthesis and surgical appliance cost) as soon as they are received.
- You should keep a written record of the compensation made to the injured employee signed by both parties.
- You should not answer any letter, claim, writ, and summons. Please forward them to us immediately.
The above claims procedure is for reference only. For more details, please refer to the relevant policy provisions. FWD reserves the right to amend these requirements or seek additional information to support each claim.